Following his brilliant performance in the 2017/18 Champions League, Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric has been voted to win the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award.
Modric, who has been also acknowledge as the Best Midfielder of the Season, edged out former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo, who’s playing now to Juventus, and Liverpool star Mohamed Salah.
The Croatian international garnered 313 points to be ahead of three-time winner Ronaldo that received 223 points while Salah came third with 134 points from a jury of 80 coaches in last season’s Champions League and Europa League group stages. (Don’t forget to check 12BET for the best Soccer Betting Tips)
In addition, one journalist from each of UEFA’s 55 member associations decided their top three players as the first pick will get five points, the second will have three points and the third one will take a point.
Moving forward, below are the top 10 players that were judged base on their performances in the competition: (Sign Up now for sports news, top games and best odds)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid & Croatia) – 313 points
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus/Real Madrid & Portugal) – 223 points
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool & Egypt) – 134 points
- Antoine Griezmann (Atlético & France) – 72 points
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona & Argentina) – 55 points
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris & France) – 43 points
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City & Belgium) – 28 points
- Raphael Varane (Real Madrid & France) – 23 points
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea & Belgium) – 15 points
- Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid & Spain) – 12 points
Meanwhile, Real Madrid dominated the positional awards as Keylor Navas and Sergio Ramos were chosen as the best goalkeeper and best defender of the tournament while Ronaldo was the Forward of the Season.
Stay tuned for the forthcoming exciting events in the Premier League and other league tournaments, together with its Predictions and Betting Odds!
–PHOTO CREDIT: uefa.com